Saturday, April 2, 2011

Deep breath...

Here are my basement stairs.

Yes, they are ugly. And those metal treads? I know they are supposed to keep you from slipping, but they actually are a tripping hazard!

Plus it hurts more when you fall.

Yes, I have fallen on my stairs. Sigh.

So, I have wanted a makeover for awhile, and I found the greatest inspiration: Lovely Crafty Home.
That is sealed kraft paper!


I think the demo is going to take awhile. I have to get off those treads and pull up all those peel and stick tiles, sand and paint before I even start with the kraft paper that will turn my stairs amazing. So, I'm going in...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, good luck with your stairs! Love the burlap wall, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that I did this with my basement before the remodel? So funny! I had actually used red rosin paper because it was cheaper and then I painted most of it white and just left one wall red rosin-y. Hilarious that you are going to try it too! I loved the effect and it hides A LOT - you couldn't even see my paneling grooves.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! What's on your mind?