Friday, January 7, 2011

Sharpie Solution

Okay, dear Readers, prepare for some bad pictures. I need a better camera. My hallway does not have good lighting, but I figure having some illustration better than nothing.


Dilemma:long, narrow hallway. What to do? A few pictures didn't help. Any more pictures would have just closed it in. Then I saw some beautiful wallpapers and I thought, maybe I'll use a nice graphic wallpaper on the one wall. But then I choked on my coffee when I saw the prices of the really beautiful wallpapers. I didn't think so.

I could paint or stencil the image, but that's messy and takes awhile.

Solution: Sharpies!

I marked my verticals with a level and pencil. Then I just free-handed the image in black sharpie. (I had to do this when the kids were in bed so they wouldn't get any ideas!) The wall took about 5 markers. The wall eats them up pretty fast. But still 5 sharpies was cheaper than paint even. And bonus, no clean up.



Don't be afraid. You can paint over it if you don't like it. I made a mistake when I started and I just went over it with my wall color, let it dry and tried again. Easy peasy.



Linking to:

The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Your walls look great, what an awesome idea. You are such an innovator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! What's on your mind?