Friday, June 3, 2011

I accept this award on behalf of...well, me.

I am so excited that Jessica at My World - Made by Hand has awarded me:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Upm8X6qXXkM/TefgbV_GJYI/AAAAAAAABAw/Hpcg7lhivCY/s1600/blogger_award.JPG

So cool! Were you a Girl Scout? I was and the excitement of getting a new badge for my sash, well, it's kind of like that. I feel like I earned a badge to wear with pride. :)

Now, there are rules of course:
1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
5. Link to them
6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their award

So 7 things you don't know about me. Hmmm.
1. I went to a seminar with the guy in charge of the famous Steak n' Shake ad campaign (why do we slice pickles the long way?), and while sitting there as a second semester Junior Graphic Design major I had an epiphany that I did not want to work 80 hours a week with little money and no respect to climb the ladder so I could be responsible for telling people to be more materialistic and their lives were over if they didn't get the next latest greatest whatever. Great timing! Why couldn't I have figured this out Freshman year? I still have a Bachelor's in G.D. though I've never had a job in the field.(Out of school, became an art teacher instead.)


2. If I had unlimited funds or opportunities, I would constantly travel and see every bit of the world I could.


3. Except I have no desire to climb Mount Everest. Zero. I'll settle for the pictures on that.


4. I once jumped off a covered bridge because my sister told me to, so that whole "Would you jump off a bridge..." cliche doesn't really work in my case. Been there. Done that.


5. As a child I was a very picky eater, but now I eat just about anything and I love trying new foods. In fact, when Mateo and I plan a trip it usually has a lot to do with food and sometimes food is all we remember to talk about when we get back (which I'm pretty sure drives my mom nuts).


6. I've studied history, religion and politics extensively on my own and make a kick a#$ Trivial Pursuit partner because of that. Just saying.

7. I loved "Trading Spaces" and wouldn't miss an episode (But I didn't like it as much at the end of its run). I usually thought Doug was right and shouldn't have gotten such a bad rap, and I just knew that both Laurie and Genevieve would be my BFFs if we ever met in real life. Just knew it. ;)

Okay, I attempted to make those interesting. I hope I succeeded.

Now the fun part, passing along the award!
 Ali at Jam Hands
This blog has some seriously great recipes, very inspiring Pinterest boards, complete with one of the best Gilmore Girls references which always makes me smile!

Miss Charming at Charming
She shows you how to make all sorts of beautiful projects, perfectly distressed looks. And lots of upcycling.

This gal definitely makes me chuckle sometimes. Lots of great projects and all feels like you are enjoying a visit with an old friend.

Lots of fun, inspiring projects. She also does Earth Day Thursdays where she highlights great "save the planet" type ideas that are easy to use and well, down to earth. :)

Loaded with kid friendly projects and ideas. If you have kids you need to entertain this summer, you need to check out this blog.

Beautiful photos make it easy to enjoy these posts. Lots of fun projects and tips. Food, home, kids stuff...she has it covered!

Nicolette at Momnivore's Dilemma
This blog has a lot going on. A little craft-y goodness all while keepin' it real when it comes to "decorating" with kids in the house. There is also tons of info on healthy foods and her experiences with her son's autism, which would make me feel way less alone if I were going through it all.

So there you have it. The award has be RE-awarded. :) Geez, I hope I followed all the rules. I've had the distraction of a little monkey boy climbing on me saying things like "that's enough words!" and "shut the 'puter" so I'm going to do just that. :)

 

4 comments:

Your turn! What's on your mind?